Here in central Alberta, we live in the land of “why do I live where the air hurts my face?”. We expect snow 6 months out of the year, and we all own -35 winter jackets and snow boots! Now, I know that winter isn’t everyones ‘thing’. (like me — yuck, winter!). But when it comes to winter photoshoots, the good totally outweighs the bad! Check out why winter is my favorite season for winter photoshoots!!
Dave & Mazlie’s winter couples photoshoot! We found out that riding bareback helped keep them warm!! I loved the faux fur vest & pretty scarf Mazlie wore!!
- Sometimes, winter isn’t that bad (or at least here in central Alberta!!). We are lucky to catch a chinook here or there, or a sunny -15C day! Those days make for ideal days to shoot! If its a touch too cold, bring those tiny heat packs to keep in your boots and gloves. The cold weather brings a natural flush to your cheeks too!
- The cold calls for extra cozy shots!! Which means a lot of crowding together to share body heat. It makes for a very cute winter photoshoot!
- Winter snow makes for incredibly clean, bright, pretty photos!! And winter light truly can’t be beat! The sunlight reflects off the white snow, making colours pop & providing perfect studio lighting!
- Winter is the perfect time to get fashionable & whip out the adorable mittens, toques, scarves and knee high boots *with grippy bottoms so you don’t end up skiing down an icy hill by accident*!!!
- Winter is typically my off-season, so you can have your pick-of-the-litter for dates. We can plan something extra special, like going to a ski-hill, a horse back ride, or a cozy marshmallow & hot chocolate by a campfire date!
- Even if there isn’t snow on the ground and the scenery is “brown and dead”—- oh my gosh!! I prefer it to shooting on a green, sunny summers day anytime! The different colours of dry grass, pine trees and bark add so much richness to a photo! Check out Pete & Brett’s Canmore engagement here to see what I mean! If you’re dreaming of a beautiful winter photoshoot, don’t be shy to contact me ! Let’s do something incredible together!!